Fields marked with an * are required
APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP
Primary Class instruction is a two-week course in spiritual healing taught by authorized teachers of Christian Science. See article XXVI in The Manual of The Mother Church for a description of the rules which govern Primary Class instruction.
10. Please review the following prior to completing the rest of this application. If you need a copy of Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures or The Manual of The Mother Church (both by Mary Baker Eddy), please ask a member.
- The Platform of Christian Science (pages 330-340) in Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy.
- The Tenets of Christian Science (page 497 in Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures.
- The Qualifications for Membership on page 34-35 of The Manual of The Mother Church by Mary Baker Eddy.
- The definition of Church as defined on page 583 of Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, by our Dear Leader.
In accordance with the Bylaws of First Church of Christ, Scientist, Athens, applicants for membership are interviewed by a majority of our Board of Directors, a three-member panel. This is why you don’t need to collect any Church members to co-sign your application. The recommendation of the Board is then submitted to the entire church membership for approval.
If you have any questions about the status of your application, email our Clerk.
First Church of Christ, Scientist